- 05 JunTraining recommences Mon 4 Jun – Mon 9 Jul inc and Fri 9 Jun – Fri 13 Jul inc (Course 37). Payment details on training info tab
- 09 AprTraining recommences Mon 9 April to Mon 21 May inc & Fri 13 April to Fri 25 May inc (Course 36). Payment details on Training Info tab
- 15 FebPlease note there is no training Monday 19 February due to Club trip to watch Manchester Thunder
- 03 JanTraining recommences Fri 23 Feb and Mon 26 Feb … please see Training Info tab for details of fees
- 17 SepRegistration forms for 2017/8 season now due in. Please ensure these are downloaded and completed with payment asap.
History of the Club
Blackpool Netball Club was set up in 1996 by Lynn Brown and Jan Hornby who recognised the need for a junior club on the Fylde Coast to develop youngsters in the area. They set up the Club from scratch and were instrumental in the formation of the Lancashire Youth Netball League which gave teams across the County the opportunity to compete against each other on a regular basis.
They were soon joined by Becky Hearsum-Smith who worked in a local primary school and had an athletics background, which made her ideally placed to develop the younger members of the Club. Maria Rollinson also came on board to assist with the ever increasing numbers.
In 2002 Gabrielle Towell (now UKCC Level 3) and Gill Walker (now UKCC Level 2) were approached by Lynn to develop the older teenagers within the Club. They soon, however became fully involved with all age groups, resulting in the link to the senior team they were connected to Mortgage Shop eventually becoming BNC 1.
Since this point they have competed locally and regionally at all age groups with up to ten age groups representing us at some points! In 2004 Gill and Gabs approached Debbie Hanley to join the set up who runs the primary schools coaching programme and also coaches older junior members at fixtures. Natalie Gregan is also a member of the coaching staff. Recent additions to volunteer coaches include Mel Clark, Bonnie Montgomery and Elzabeth Cardwell.
Blackpool Netball Club became the first Club in Lancashire to receive England Netball’s CAPS (Clubs Accredited Planning System) Award which is the governing body’s recognised kite mark for the sport.